Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) announced today that NSITEXE, Inc. has achieved success with its first SoC test chip with silicon data flow processor (DFP) through the use of design, verification, and solutions. Synopsys IP. DFP has a unique architecture that combines a CPU and a GPU designed to handle complex and large data sets, enabling parallel data management and enabling application-independent features with high energy efficiency and high-quality parallelism, tested by many automotive systems.
NSITEXE has used Synopsys and DesignWare® IP design, test and verification solutions for the development of the new generation SoC and the success of first-pass silicon.
Autonomous vehicles of level 4 and above must adapt to the environment, drive the vehicle and perform synchronized communications with the cloud. A wide range of technologies is needed to develop these functions while maintaining high reliability and safety.
To meet these challenges, Synopsys offers complete automotive solutions:
- Synopsys virtual prototyping solutions provide early access to virtual silicon chips and controllers, allowing software development and testing up to 12 months before hardware becomes available.
- Synopsys Fusion Design Platform ™ offers the most complete portfolio of tools and foundry flows in the sector. It allows the optimization of the total power for simultaneous clock and data (CCD), cable synthesis and logical restructuring, offers high performance supporting low energy consumption, a small area and a high level of functional safety.
- Synopsys test solutions enable the advanced validation of complex test design (DFT) logic, supported by full RTL integration while maintaining physical, time and energy awareness.
- The Synopsys Verification Continuum ™ platform integrates native verification technologies, including virtual prototypes, static and formal verification, simulation, emulation, FPGA-based prototypes, debugging and IP verification (VIP) to complete verification.
- Wide SyWareys portfolio designs are IP silicon-tested for automotive applications includes IP interface, logic libraries, integrated memories, data converters, ARC® processors, security IP, and sensor and control IP subsystem. The ISO 26262 certified ASIL Ready IP portfolio with car safety packages speeds up the functional safety assessments of the SoC to help designers achieve the desired ASIL levels.
The specific Synopsys products used for the development of the DFP NSITEXE SoC include:
- Design solutions with Design Compiler® Graphical tools, IC CompilerTM II, PrimeTime® SI, and Formality® Ultra
- Test solutions
- Authentication solutions with SpyGlass®, VC FormalTM, VCS®, and Verdi® and VIP tools
- DesignWare® IP with PCI Express®, LPDDR4, AMBA® Fabric, and AXI ™ DMA controllers, STAR Memory SystemTM, STAR Hierarchical System and integrated logic and memory libraries.
Synopsys customers can find more information on the success of the NSITEXE project by participating in the Synopsys Users Group (SNUG®) group in Japan on September 13, 2019, at the PAMIR International Convention Center at the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Shinagawa, Tokyo.
More information at www.synopsys.com.