Samsung announces newSystem-on-Chip (SoC) Exynos 2100 for the flagship smartphone market.
Exynos 2100 chipset will be a strong competitor of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 which will compete in the flagship market.
Samsung Exynos 21oo ( Photo : Samsung)
The Exynos 2100 is Samsung’s first chipset to be integrated with a 5G modem which is built on a 5 nanometer (nm) extreme ultra-violet (EUV) process node.
Exynos 2100 advantages;
- Using Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) 5 nanometer (nm)technology.With the 5nm EUV process, energy consumption is up to 20% lower or overall efficiency 10% higher than the previous 7nm technology.
- 5G Modem Exynos 2100offers data transfer rates of up to 5.1 Gbps in the sub 6 GHz and mmWave spectrum (7.35 Gbps downlink / 3.67 Gbps uplink).
- Supports 4G LTE Cat.24 network with downlink speed of 3 Gbps and 4G LTE Cat.18 with uplink speed of 422 Mbps.
- The CPU consists of a single Cortex-X1 + core, three high-speed Cortex-A78 + cores, and four power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores.
- Supports LPDDR5 RAM and UFS v3.1 storage technology.
- Using the Neural Processing Unit (NPU).To process tasks related to artificial intelligence functions so that they can be processed directly on the device.
- Supports the use of a camera with a resolution of 200 megapixels or a dual camera with a 32 MP + 32 MP
Configuration.Image Signal Processor (ISP) on this chip is able to process data from six camera sensors.
- Supports 8K video recording at 60 fps with High Efficiency Video Coding / HEVC H.265 and VP9 encoding and decoding.
- Supports 4K (120Hz) screen and QHD Plus (144Hz) resolution, as well as Multi Camera and Frame Processor (MCFP)Improve zoom performance, especially when used in ultra wide shooting mode.