If you find out the word resistor and capacitor for certain we instantly think on the electronics component. Resistors and capacitors are one of the important components of electronics. Electronics is a science that studies the weak currents of electricity that function to control particles charged with electrical voltage. An example like a computer in which it is electrically charged.
Transistors, diodes, resistors, transformers, and capacitors are the five core electronic components that accomplish their functions in order for an electronic network to work. Each component works in a manner that supports other components so that a series can work as wanted.
One component can be broken because a certain case can cause a circuit to stop functioning properly, and this needs to have a replacement of the broken component in order to function again like the once in a while
Resistors and Capacitor functions
Following the function of resistors and capacitors also as electronic components that have
Resistors or also known as barriers are passive electronics components that serve to inhibit and regulate electrical current in an electronic circuit. The Resistor value is OHM. Resistor value is usually represented by numeric code or bracelet color in the body of resistor.
The types of resistors include:
• Fixed-value resistors.
• Resistors can be adjusted, resistors are often referred to as variable resistors or potentiometers.
• Resistors are subject to change according to the light intensity, this type resistor is referred to as LDR or Resistor Dependent Light.
• Resistors that can change according to the temperature change, this type of resistor is called as PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) and NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient).
• Resistor function restricts flowing electric current.
• Resistors function for DC applications requiring very high accuracy. Examples of application of this resistor are DC Measuring equipment, for voltage regulator and decoding Network.
• Resistor function as standard in the accuracy verification of a resistive measuring instrument.
• Resistor function for output voltage regulator in power supplay.
• Resistor function for power application because it requires good response frequency, high power and greater value than power wirewound resistor.
• Voltage divider resistor function.
A capacitor or also called a condensator is a passive electronics component that can store energy or electrical charge in a temporary time. The function of capacitors (condensators) among them is to be able to select radio waves on the tuner circuit, as a current grader on the rectifier and also as a filter in the power supply circuit. The unit of value for capacitors (condensators) is Farad (F).
Types of capacitors include:
• Capacitors that are fixed and polarity. If it is based on its manufacturing material then the fixed-value capacitors consist of paper capacitors, mica capacitors, polyster capacitors and ceramic capacitors.
• Capacitors whose value is fixed but have positive and negative polarity, the capacitor is an electrolytic capacitor or Electrolyte Condensator (ELCO) and tantalum capacitor.
• Capacitors that are adjustable in value, this type of capacitor is often referred to as Variable capacitor.
• As a coupling between one network and another (on PS).
• As a filter in PS series.
• As a frequency generator in antenna circuits.
• To conserve electrical power on fluorescent lamps.
• Eliminate bounce (fire jump) when mounted on the switch.
Inductors or also known as coil (coils) are passive electronics components that are useful for regulating frequency, filtering and also as a coupling tool (connector). Inductors or coils are found in electronic equipment or circuits related to frequencies such as tuners for radio planes.
On the DC circuit, inductors are used to obtain a constant DC voltage against current fluctuations, while in the AC circuit the inductor can dampen unwanted current fluctuations. The inductance unit for inductors is Henry (H). In general, an electronic component inductor is divided into fixed inductors and not fixed inductors.
Diode or diode is an active electronic component that serves to flow electric current in one direction, but it is also capable of flowing electric current from the opposite direction.
Diode is a semiconductor electronic component that has 1 junction or junction, often referred to as a 2-layer component (layers N and P).
Transistors are multitermal active electronic components, usually having 3 terminals. Overall, the word ‘transistor’ means ‘transfer resistor’, which is a component whose resistance value between its terminals can be arranged.
Some functions of transistors here are as a current amplifier, as a switch (breaker and connecting), voltage stabilization, signal modulation, rectifier and so forth. Transistors consist of 3 terminals (feet) namely Base / Base (B), Emitter (E) and Collector / Collector (K).